Unlock the potential of Human-Centered Design and learn how you can use it in your everyday work to be more innovative, deliver meaningful impact for the audiences you serve, and make things better. This highly interactive keynote session will introduce the discipline of Human-Centered Design (aka Design Thinking), inspire you to bring it into your work, and give you some hands-on practice applying it.
During this workshop, LUMA Institute co-founder, Pete Maher, will help you:
• Gain a clearer understanding of what Human-Centered Design is
• Understand why organizations around the globe are seeing it as an imperative
• Envision how it can empower you and your teams to be more innovative in your daily work
As part of this session, you will have an opportunity to experience the LUMA System — lauded by Harvard Business Review as a potent “Taxonomy of Innovation” — in action.
Finally, session attendees will receive the following practical Human-Centered Design resources:
(1) a 1-year subscription to LUMA’s acclaimed digital platform, LUMA Workplace®
(2) a copy of “Innovating for People,” LUMA’s highly rated Handbook of Human-Centered Design
In the words of Chris Barr, Director of Technology Innovation at the Knight Foundation, “It’s one thing to say ‘You need to use Human-Centered Design as part of your process,’ and another thing to offer some resources to help people get started.”
- The purpose of the session is to deliver a high-energy keynote that’s engaging, inspiring, and memorable — and follow that with a unique and targeted facilitated experience that gives attendees a chance to learn and apply the discipline of Human-Centered Design as a driver of innovation.
- Attendees will walk away excited and enthused, and meaningfully equipped to apply what they’ve learned.
Brief overview of LUMA Institute
LUMA empowers people to innovate by transforming the way they work. Leading organizations in 70+ countries around the globe rely on the LUMA System of Innovation — a practical, flexible and scalable system of Human-Centered Design.
Through its acclaimed workshops and certification programs, and its pioneering Software-as-a-Service (LUMA Workplace), LUMA is the only company in the world with the unique capability to scale design thinking across large, global enterprises.
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, LUMA fields a global team of 100+ certified instructors who serve business, government, foundation, education, and nonprofit organizations worldwide. LUMA’s vision is simple — to be a catalyst that empowers people to innovate, everywhere, so they can make things better.
Here’s a quick video that touches on why they exist:
Here’s a short video that gives an overview of the LUMA System of Innovation:
The story of their work with Autodesk:
The story of their work with Knight Foundation:
Our Presenter: Pete Maher, Co-Founder // Managing Director, Social Impact
Pete is co-founder of LUMA, co-author of “Innovating for People,” and co-creator of the LUMA System of Innovation, lauded by Harvard Business Review as the “taxonomy of innovation.” He is managing Director, Social Impact, where he is responsible for setting LUMA’s social impact strategy, managing the company’s work in the social sector, and serving as a member of LUMA’s senior executive leadership team and its board of directors.
Pete has wide-ranging experience, having served technology leaders from companies around the globe, C-level executives in Fortune 500 companies, three-star admirals at the Pentagon, top foundation leaders and deans from top universities.