The Cleveland Society for Human Resource Management (CSHRM) is currently accepting applications for the CSHRM Student Scholarship Award. The scholarship is open to all current chapter members and students who are currently enrolled in a degree program and demonstrate their commitment to the human resources field through academic performance, work or internship experience and participation in the local, national and/or student SHRM chapter.
an active membe
e Management a
May 1, 2018.
t be a current HR professional with at least two years of professional exempt experience.
· Current underg
· Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree with an emphasis in the field of human resource management;
· Leadership ability demonstrated through community service or charitable organizations;
· Academic achievement of an overall 3.0 GPA and 3.0 GPA within the major;
· For practitioners, a PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification will be considered if your GPA is below 3.0
Amount of Award
· One scholarship will be awarded in 2018 in the amount of $1,000
Scholarship Candidates shall be solicited from membership of the Cleveland SHRM. The Cleveland SHRM Foundation will review all applications and choose the award recipients. The committee's decisions shall be final. The Academic Scholarship Award is limited to once in a lifetime.
• Scholarship applications are available on www.clevelandshrm.com. Entries must include a completed application form and separate required documentation. (Please see the form/application below for more details.)
Applicants will need to complete the following:
• Please fill in the application information (see below)
• Submit the supporting documentation
• Applications and supporting documentation will be accepted until August 15, 2018
Applications must include the following additional supporting documentation. A complete application will include:
- Registration information (Indicates applicant is registered for the next academic session)
- Enrollment information (Indicates that the applicant is enrolled into the school)
- Official bursar receipts (provides proof of tuition fee and amount of other awards)
- Class/certification/degree information (specifies your area of study)
- Student copy of current transcripts
Checks are issued, in the full amount, to the educational institution after proof of enrollment has been submitted. Official verification must be provided by the bursar’s/registrar’s office. Proof of enrollment: A bill and/or letter on official school letterhead stating the name of the CSHRM member and the name of the course/class/degree program enrolled in. Proof of completion will also be required: A letter on official school letterhead, transcript/certificate and/or diploma stating the name of the CSHRM member and the name of the course, class or degree completed. Scholarship checks will be mailed to the recipients school/institution and made payable to the school only. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient.
Should the winner of a scholarship enroll into a program and immediately drop out of the program, the institution will be alerted to refund payment directly to Cleveland SHRM Foundation. At no time will recipient be refunded the amount of the scholarship.
Each scholarship recipient agrees to complete follow-up surveys and video-taping on their experience and success through the Tell Us Your Story program.
Please contact Shirley Hunter, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (216) 245-2446 if you have any questions.