We meet monthly to share information, network with our fellow members, and hear professional and industry experts address relevant and timely topics. Our meetings will inform you about current trends in:
- Strategic Management
- Total Rewards
- HR Education
- Learning and Development
- HR Technology
- Employment Law: Policies and Practices
- Talent Management
- Diversity & Inclusion
Professional conferences provide additional educational and networking opportunities:
Northern Ohio HR Conference (NOHRC) This annual, 1-1/2 day event brings HR professionals together to participate in a variety of professional development programs, as well as explore the diverse HR resources available in the area.
The Ohio HR Conference This is a two and one half day conference sponsored by the State Council of SHRM for all Ohio chapters typically held in September.
The National SHRM Conference This three-day conference and exposition, held in a different city each year, is normally attended by over 10,000 HR professionals. SHRM also holds annual conferences on Diversity, Legislative Affairs and a Global HR Forum.
Professional certification through SHRM. The chapter partners with Cleveland State Univeristy to provide SHRM certification preparation courses.
Legislative Affairs The legislative process in Washington is influenced by SHRM's Legislative Affairs Department and supported locally by our chapter's Legislative Committee.
Our award winning chapter provides many other services, including:
- Local networking events and opportunities to get involved in chapter activities
- Best practices round table discussions
- Regular program meetings September through June
- Annual Northern Ohio Human Resources Conference (NOHRC)
- Annual Talent Acquisition (TA) Conference
- Annual Women's Leadership Conference (WLCNEO)
- HRCleveland - CSHRM Newsletter
- Website resources
- Scholarships for professional development
- SHRM Certification prep study group
- Student chapters partnership
- Mentoring/Mentee program
- Career Center & Job board (reduced fee for members to post)
- Professional Development tracking of re-certification in member online profile
- Auto renew of membership dues available
- Access to Social Link our own social media platform to connect with other members
Apply online or contact us for more information about the value of joining Cleveland SHRM chapter: firstname.lastname@example.org